Well, ladies and gents, it’s here: the 2010 holiday season is finally upon us. This is a busy time for SWEET and we have been working overtime to put together our sweetest holiday collection yet!
We are looking forward to debuting a number of new designs at the upcoming holiday handmade markets here in Boulder.
Saturday and Sunday, December 4 – 5 2010, 9am-3pm
The 5th Annual Winter Farmer’s Market and Holiday Gift Show
Boulder Country Fairgrounds (9595 Nelson Road) in Longmont, CO
Friday – Sunday, December 10 – 12, 2010
(Fri 5-9pm, Sat 10-5pm, Sun 10-3pm)
Firefly Handmade Holiday Market
1904 Pearl Street (old co-op space) in Boulder, CO
Now we know that you are probably as excited about this as we are, but for those of you who need a little extra encouragement to leave your cozy couches and make the trip to these markets, here are a few of the reasons that topped our list:
1. There will be plenty of yummy snacks and baked goods to munch on while you peruse the…
2. Wide variety of unique handmade clothing, accessories, stationery, and fine art and crafts, funky knick-knacks and one-of-a-kind treasures.
3. Our swanky new booth is a must-see!
4. We have tons of new holiday cards that are literally fresh off the press and ready to be sent out to your friends and family this season.
5. Did we mention snacks and baked goods?
6. Still need stocking stuffers? Now’s the time to get ’em! (And remember, no one really wants to get an orange in there.)
7. This is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for to show off that new winter coat that you look so good in.
8. Get in touch with your creative side. Winter is a great time to curl up next to a fire and get crafty. Look no further than the talented artists and vendors at the handmade markets for your inspiration.
9. It happens every year—a neighbor stops by with an unexpected gift, or an old friend makes a surprise visit, and you find yourself scrounging for a gift. Instead of re-gifting, pick up a few handmade gems (like, say, a pack of charming letterpress notecards) to stockpile for emergencies.
10. All the cool kids will be there (we may be sweet, but we’re not above peer pressure…)
But seriously, folks; the holiday season provides a great opportunity to support local businesses and artists. So join the rest of the Boulder community this season in celebrating all things local, traditional, handmade and heartfelt at the holiday handmade markets. Hope to see you there!
Chloe Chatenever lives in Boulder, CO where she is interning with elephantjournal.com and Sweet Letter Press. She is a recent graduate of the University of California, Santa Cruz where she earned her Bachelor’s in Modern Literary Studies. She likes to spend her free time traveling, singing in her car, and playing board games. She also thinks penguins are pretty cool.Read More